The Institute for Maritime Tourism (IMT)
The IMT was formed in January 2005 as an organisational umbrella for all tourism-related research, development and further education activities at Hochschule Bremerhaven. Its purpose is to:
- actively transfer knowledge and exchange viewpoints with the tourism industry and its various stakeholders;
- gain new insights into the particularities and interrelationships of maritime tourism;
- secure state-of-the-art and practice-oriented teaching in the undergraduate degree programme Cruise Tourism Management (formerly Cruise Industry Management (CIM)).
The IMT focuses on maritime tourism, i.e. tourism on, in, and by the sea. Yet its activities are not limited to this area, but extend into related fields such as hospitality, gastronomy, tourism information systems, or quality management in tourism.
The IMT aims to fulfil its purpose by:
- carrying out empirical and theoretical research;
- providing concept development and consulting services;
- offering seminars and workshops for further education.