The Maritime Technologies course (MAR) is a sound and internationally recognised engineering course with a technical/maritime focus. Students are trained as engineers for a future-oriented sector of the economy. The practical elements and a solid grounding in scientific methods within natural science and engineering science modules enables the graduate to work independently and successfully in all areas of maritime technologies both at national and international level.
Key features of the course are:
- 3 -year full-time course with a high level of practical content
- Qualification as Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- 40 places per year
- Teaching languages are German (70%) and English (30%)
- Areas of specialisation are “Biotechnology” and “Measuring and Plant Engineering”
- Period of practical training lasting 10 weeks as well as ship expeditions with basic training in marine physics, marine biology and marine chemistry