The annual application deadlines are July 15th for the winter term and January 15th for summer term. Please keep in mind that we can only process applications that meet the deadline that include all requested information and attachments.
Foreign applicants that hold a non-European bachelor degree (or equivalent) have different deadlines, namely May 31st for winter term and November 30th for summer term; their online application procedure is via Uni-Assist (see http://www.uni-assist.de/masters-degree-programme.html).
Applicant requesting admission to the ”Process Engineering and Energy Technology (PEET)” Master course have to fulfill the following requirements:
i) Evidence of a first qualification permitting entry into a profession (Bachelor or Diploma from a university or similar foreign higher education institution) with at least the average grade of ”Good” (2,3) (ECTS Grade A to B-), with minimum 210 ECTS Credit Points, in a subject relevant to the PEET Master course, namely:
- Basics in fundamental sciences (mathemathics, chemistry, physics, biology, IT), min. 25 ETCS.
- Basics engineering (technical mecanics, fluid dynamics, mass- and heat transfer, thermodynamics, material sciences), min. 25 ECTS.
- Process engineering topics (chemical, biotechnological, mechanical, thermal, energy and environmental process engineering), min. 30 ECTS.
- Process engineering applications (process-/plant technology, HSE, energy management, systems engineering, construction, CAD, apparatus design) min. 30 ECTS.
- Industrial Internship, min. 15 ECTS.
ii) Applicants who have completed a Bachelor course with or equivalent to 180 ECTS Credit Points can only start in winter term. In winter term these students have to adapt/bridge following an individual learning agreement on 30 ETCS Credit Points. The students have max.12 month to provide these credit points, otherwise they have to exit the master course (ex-matriculation) by law.
iii) In case an applicant concluded the subsequent bachelor degree with an overall mark between 2,31 and 2,70, at least 1 year working experience in related process engineering business is required, certificated by the company, attached to the application documents. Finally our application commission decides if a special suitability is given, considering the individual motivation letter (see v)).
iv) Motivation letter why you want to study PEET.
v) good English and German language skills, according to the table below:
English native speakers
A1 / B1 ***
A1 / B1 ***
* For German applicants, Level B2 English of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, verified by corresponding certificates or a period of study spent abroad during the student's previous course.
** Foreign course applicants can verify their Level C1 English language knowledge by successfully passing a language test, e.g. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (computer-based, Test of English as a Foreign Language). Applicants that did their bachelor course in English as teaching language might provide a certificate by that university stating that 'in all classes teaching language has been English'.
*** Foreign course applicants must generally provide evidence of German language skills equivalent to Level A1 at the beginning of the course. After the second term, students must verify that they have passed the relevant examination in accordance with Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.