Finding an internship
Finding an internship abroad often requires a lot of patience and a high degree of self-initiative. The International Office and Career Service Centre of the Hochschule Bremerhaven - University of Applied Sciences as well as the respective internship coordinators of the different study programs can assist students in searching and organising internships abroad.
The brochure "Wege ins Auslandspraktikum" includes information about different scholarship programmes, internship agencies, ways of funding and practical experiences.
Furthermore, there are agencies helping students to find an internship, providing grants and giving support while organising the internship and the different formalities connected to it. Some of the agencies provide their services for free, though the private ones often charge a fee.
The International Office often receives internship offers which are listed below. Please consider that the listed offers do not represent either a rating or a recommendation. Please review the companies and the preferred internship position yourself and check whether you have to pay an agency fee. The Erasmus quality criteria can be used as guidance.
More internships offers are published at national and international internship and job markets.
- Intership at "Deutsch-Baltischen Handelskammer", 4-12 months; Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- Internship at Hotel Plevna (3*) in Malta at the front desk or in Social Media Marketing
- Internship at Embrace Cooperation Ltd., United Kingdom
- Internship or Summer Job at a Hotel in Greece
- Paragon Europe provides internships in Malta; the agency fee for internships with a duration between 4 and 8 weeks amounts to 150€; no fees are charged for internships longer than 8 weeks
- Internship UK provides internships in several fields (e.g. Marketing, HR, Media)
- Internship in the office of the "Hochschulkonferenz" (HRK), 3-4 months, from March 2017, Brussels
- Internship in tax consultancy, 4-5 months, from January 2017, France