Studies abroad


As part of your studies, students often have the opportunity to study abroad for one or two semesters. The studies abroad can be carried out at one of our partner universities or at another university chosen by the student. The international office at Hochschule Bremerhaven - University of Applied Sciences will forward student applications to our partner universities. If you decide to study at a university which is not listed as a partner university, you have to apply to that university independently. You are then a so-called free mover.

If you decide to study abroad, you can apply for a scholarship at the international Office of Hochschule Bremerhaven - University of Applied Sciences. Further Information is available on our homepage under the section scholarships and funding opportunities.

Academic recognition of the semester abroad

Each course of study has a so-called study abroad coordinator. These coordinators support the students in organising their study mobility and questions regarding the academic recognition of credit points earned abroad.

The study abroad coordinators are in regular contact with the international office to discuss current international issues and to promote the international exchange of students.

The recognition of credits earned abroad is carried out in equivalence to the ECTS earned at the host university. If no ECTS are given, the conversion takes place according to fixed conversion keys.

Please note

After registration you will find an overview of the study abroad coordinators of the respective study programs at Hochschule Bremerhaven – University of Applied Sciences.

Experience reports

Here you can find the experience reports of students who have completed their studies abroad both at universities within and outside of Europe.